Thursday, November 21, 2013

You're of silver linings

To the one friend I've always sought, the one I always needed,,
I couldn't find you,I didn't know you, still I believed in you.
You've come to me upon a breeze,
Through heavy rain and glistening morning dew..
Still yet resilient, always by my side.
Never seen, but always felt..

You've taught me that..
I was never truly as alone as I had ever felt..
You've taught me to be my own friend and to love myself.
You've been the pleasant reminder of what I know to be buried inside.
All these things are at your very core..
You've shown me through example..
And Oh, what a beautiful example you are.

You're so much more than my mirror dear friend..
You nurtured the seed inside..
Gentle love, the opium of a life worth living.

Through every storm, you are the omnipotent silver lining..
Through calmer weather, you are the soft breeze that envelopes me.

You are more than you perceive,
Yet I understand it all very well.
The truth resides within' me.
Your proof is right in front of you..
Shes looking back at you!
For once believe in these words I say.

You've brought me a fuller life..
Filling the void I had been haunted with.
No other could sparkle & reflect back at me like you do, no other will.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say..
You are what you see..
Two meditations from one light, is what we are..

Here we are shining.
Not of yesterday, not of tomorrow..
But Now and Always.

My dearest friend, praise be to Allah..



A.S.

No comments: