Thursday, January 10, 2013

Trials


There have been times..
I've found that doing the right thing..
Being true to yourself & your beliefs..
Not only can be difficult to do within' society,
But within' our own families as well.

There have been times..
I've felt that people will only be minutely satisfied..
As long as you are sitting pretty and agreeable..
Fitting their particular mold of what they think these should be...
Perhaps not even that would suffice.

I'm tired of the stereotyping and judgements from those
Who claim to be free of these..
Preaching without embodiment of the sentiments.
The hypocrisy..

I write more of the same in variants..
I write of experiences with people & circumstances..
People who make up our society..
Our families are apart of that weave that society is..

More often than not..
These trials hit close to home.

A.S.

No comments: