Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Everlasting

I long for everlasting,eternal life..
Yet I don't long for my death.
I don't want to simply give up and let my soul drift away..

On this path I'm struggling, I know myself.
Lord knows how much I try,
To have loved and lost..
To be on this flux of spiritual elevation..
I want this love I hold inside to live forever..

I may not see the fruit of my struggle in this life..
But my feet are deeply rooted..
And it is my hope that I'll reap the rewards in the everlasting life..
May my living and dying be in a state of belief..

I may not have what I do cherish and love given to me in the flesh..
But I've had a taste,a glimpse of something beautiful.
I'll forever struggle to preserve it.

If I were to die tomorrow,
I would be content in my soul..
Hanging onto the hope that..
One sweet day there will be our reward.

I'm sacrificing my flesh, and this worldly life..
A genuine love lives within' this soul..
And its strong enough to pull me through.

Allahu alim.

A.S.

No comments: