Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Worldly

Hush babe
I don't want to hear a sound.
I don't want to hear the excuses from your pretty lips.

We both know the truth.
Its heavy like smoke in the air
No lie will cut through it.

Hush babe
Don't fret your pretty little self.
You know I love you, that's always true.
But this feeling in my heart you can't undue.

Silently I'll continue in my way..
Silently I'll stare into you.
Only God knows what my heart really has to say.

I love hard,.. then lay myself down sleep..
In awe of what all the world holds.
Brutally aware of just how human we are...

Silently I'll go on my way..
Live and to let live.
Forgive.

Clinging to my hopes and dreams.
In that world where all is genuine,serine and in perfect harmony.

The illusion, temptation and fear of the worldly won't weigh my heart down.

A.S.

No comments: