Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sister Hazel

These words I manage to scramble together will never convey just how much I miss my sister. Its quite a lot ..I never imagined that we would live so far from each other, as we were pretty much joined at the hip. As adolescences we quarreled, But still needed each other to walk down the street.. You're my other half, my twin..My sister hazel. As for appearances, they are just that. We're so different,yet the same. I'm truly grateful for all we've been through. At times on opposing sides, but more often than not striving for one thing. Finding peace..that safe place. What didn't break us made us only made us stronger. We maybe have an ocean between us, But in reality we couldn't be any closer. And I'd like to think that even though we continue on our paths to knowledge & happiness... We're finally at peace within' ourselves. One sweet day our paths will meet again. Writing this makes my heart swell & the tension build in my neck as I hold back the tears. Bittersweet it truly is. You're always be my sweetest friend, my sister. I love you and miss you to no end. -A.S.

No comments: