Sunday, November 27, 2011

Fast life

There was a time
Unbeknownst to me..
I was naive.. insecure..

Born into a society where you conform.
Born into a state of numbness.
Where wrongs seem right

The fast life
Fresh & new were the experiences
Only trying to have,
a bit of fun, a little freedom
Barely keepin' up..
Always on the go..
It was never enough.

In the crowd of
new moves..
New shoes..
new looks..
new beau's..
Booze, energy drinks, & all nighters.

Never felt more alone in the world,
Then I did with,
The swarms of people around me.
Heads in the clouds..Or
Minds in the gutter.

Going through the motions
In my heart, I never felt I belonged.

I let it all go.

Don't get me wrong..
My heart is always dancing..
My spirit always high..

Ever since I filled my life with HIM
I've never felt alone.

Stronger in faith.

Alhamdulilah...All praise be to God

A.S.






No comments: