Friday, October 7, 2011

Blood is blood

There are times you can’t help but sit back, or while going about your daily motions and reminisce of things come to pass.
Sometimes, I can’t help but wonder what it is you think I’ve actually ever done to you.. Nothing kept me from supporting, caring, and loving you. Blood is blood and what I felt for you was unconditional.. Despite everything & anything. Not because I was weak… or less than.. But that’s what family is for isn’t it???
We all grow up and some of us slower than others, But still in all we end up going our own ways. I never neglected or abandoned the relationship.. I too have a life and at times have a schedule to stick to. No different than anyone else.. or like yourself.
So one day you come to learn I’m a MUSLIM. That’s when it all changed between us. Not to say there wasn’t an effort on my part… You ignored me & gave me the cold shoulder. The first time you saw me in Hijab, you couldn’t look me in the face.. What’s so hard to see? I’m still Amie… I’m still me… I prayed..hoped…and cried over you despite your cruelness to me. I don’t think you even realize the ramifications of your actions, or lack of. Perhaps, my lifestyle cramps your style? I never judged you for yours, But judged for myself.
I’m sorry you’ve chosen this way & I’m sorry it still hurts me to this day.
My God is your God…

A.S.

No comments: